Individual Retirement Accounts
An Alaska USA IRA is a special savings plan with federal tax advantages that will help you safely accumulate a nest egg for your retirement years. It's another way to diversify and supplement your investment portfolio. Before making any decisions about opening or converting an IRA, be sure to consult with your tax advisor or accountant.
Learn about Alaska USA IRAs
Alaska USA offers Traditional and Roth IRAs, as well as Simplified Employee Pensions (SEPs). With any Alaska USA IRA you can:
- Establish a supplement to your other retirement options.
- Start your IRA with a deposit of only $50.
- Earn quarterly dividends on a variable-rate IRA, with rates adjusted monthly based on money market conditions, or earn an even higher rate of return with a fixed-rate Tax-Deferred IRA Certificate of one to five years.
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing your IRA is separately insured up to $250,000.
Help with selecting an IRA
- The IRA Resource Center contains useful information to help you choose between different IRA options, and convert existing traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs if appropriate.
- IRS publication 590 Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs) (PDF) offers information on all types of IRAs.
- Frequently asked questions about Alaska USA IRAs.
Manage your existing Alaska USA IRA
- Traditional IRA Beneficiary Designation/Change (PDF)
- Traditional IRA Contribution Direction (PDF)
- Traditional IRA Withdrawal Instruction (PDF)