Alaska USA security measures
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union has implemented a full range of security measures using the latest technology to ensure the confidentiality of your account information and to safeguard credit union systems. These include measures such as encryption, authentication, firewalls, secured backend systems, passwords, and session management controls.
To protect your account information as it travels across the Internet, the account information exchanged between your computer and the credit union is encrypted so an unauthorized third party cannot use it. The credit union uses Verisign's Global Secure Site ID to automatically establish a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypted session with compliant browsers. Alaska USA uses the latest version of the SSL security standard.
When you initially sign up for online account access you are given a temporary password that must be changed the first time you log in.
Online account access allows you to choose a password. To change your password , choose "Change password" from the "Account Profile" tab.
Member protective measures
There are several steps members can take to ensure the security of their account information:
- Stay up-to-date on all operating system patches.
- Upgrade to the latest version of your chosen web browser, and check for updates frequently.
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and keep these programs updated.
- Create a password that is a mixture of letters and numbers. For greater security, avoid words found in a dictionary, easily guessed words, or personal information such as your phone number, social security number, and pet or family names.
- Keep your password confidential and private.
- Change your password frequently.
- Never re-use your password on any other website.
- Never give out or write down your password.
- Be sure to exit your online account access session, and close/exit your browser when leaving your computer.
- Safeguard your information by learning to recognize and avoid phishing, identity theft, and other forms of fraud.
- Read Alaska USA's online account access agreement and privacy summary.