Tax Payments Overview
You may pay your federal taxes online through UltraBranch Business Edition. A variety of tax forms are available and you can save templates to make future tax payments even easier.
Making Tax Payments
You can pay all your federal taxes online, and even set up weekly or monthly installments, but first you need to be enrolled with the IRS’s Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS). If you are not already enrolled, you can do this online at the EFTP (www.eftps.gov) site anytime. It takes just a few minutes to enroll, but will take the IRS up to fifteen business days to process the enrollment and send you verification.
When you enroll, you should select “EFTPS – Through a Financial Institution” as your payment method. You’ll also need to provide:
- Your Taxpayer Identification Number or Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Alaska USA’s Routing Transit Number (RTN): 325272021.
- Your Alaska USA 13-digit checking account number listed at the bottom of your check for the account from which you will be making payments.
Once you have received confirmation from the IRS/EFTPS that you are enrolled, you can make tax payments through UltraBranch Business Edition in three easy steps.
- Select tax forms
- Fill in the appropriate form and confirm the details
- Approve the tax payment (if the transaction exceeds pre-set company-wide limits)
About Transaction Timing
A tax payment must be scheduled and funded before 12:30 p.m. Alaska Time at least one full business day before it can be received by the IRS.
Ex: If a business submits a tax payment and has the funds available before 12:30 p.m. Alaska Time on Monday, the IRS will receive the funds on Tuesday. If the payment is submitted after 12:30 p.m. Alaska Time on Monday, the IRS will receive the funds on Wednesday.
Tax Limits and Permissions
The ability to make tax payments electronically is convenient. As with all forms of electronic payments, UltraBranch Business Edition employs a number of safeguards to help you manage your finances.
- Before any tax payments can be created, the tax function must be enabled in the "Edit ACH Access and Limits" page on the "Admin" tab. Only the account's Primary Contact or a Company Administrator can enable this function.
- The Primary Contact or a Company Administrator can set limits on the dollar amount of a tax payment - these limits can be set by batch or daily limits. As an option, you may enable limit overrides by checking an option to "Exceed Limit with Approval".
- If the limit overrides are enabled, Users will be able to create tax payments that exceed limits, which must be approved by an approving user before they will be processed.
- Tax payments can be created only by employees who have been granted permission to do so.
Click the “Payments and Transfers” tab at the top of the page. Then click the “Tax” navigation link below it.