Making a Tax Payment
When you are ready to make your tax payment, select the "Payments and Transfers" tab, then "Tax", and select "New Tax Payment."
Complete Batch Header
You can make multiple tax payments at once as a single batch payment, and all payments must be part of a batch. From the "Add Tax Entry" page enter the following information:
- Batch Name (32 character limit): Enter the name of what you would like this specific payment to be.
- Company Description (10 character limit): User defined.
- Effective Date: Pre-set to the next available business day a tax payment can be sent. You can change this to a later date, but not an earlier date.
- Source Account: Select the Business Checking you want the tax payment to be debited from.
Adding Individual Entries
Select "Add Entry" (middle right side of the screen) and this will take you to the "Add Tax Payment Entry" page.
At the Add Tax Payment Entry page, select the following fields:
- Add Entry: Select the tax payment you wish to pay.
- IRS Tax Routing # and IRS Tax Account #: will automatically populate based on the tax payment you chose.
- Taxpayer Identification Number: Enter the TIN or EIN (the same number you used when applying to EFTPS)
- Tax Period End Date: Varies depending on the form.
- Tax Amount: Add the amount of tax you wish to pay.
- Total Tax Amount: This filed will be automatically calculated by UltraBranch.
- Adddenda: The Addenda field is used by the system to provide form-specific processing directives to the IRS.
Once you have completed the specifics of your tax payment entry, select "Add Entry" to return to the "Add Tax Payment" page showing the summary of this Tax Payment Batch.
If you wish to include additional additional tax payments in this batch, simply select the "Add Entry" button and repeat the steps above.
When you have finished entering all the tax payments you wish to pay, select "Submit For Payment".
Submitting the Tax Payment
Review the Tax Payment Verify screen for accuracy. If you are satisfied with the details of the payment, click "Send Tax Payment" " to submit it. If you need to make changes, click "Revise." Click the "Cancel" button to return to the previous page without taking action, discarding the data you entered.
After scheduling the payment, you will be returned to the Tax payment summary page. Your scheduled payments will be listed, either in the "Pending Tax Payment Summary" category or the "Summary of Tax Payments Waiting for Approval."