The "Features Access and Limits" page allows you to specify the features you want for your business. This page also allows you to set company limits for electronic transfer and payment options as described below. Make sure to click “Save” at the bottom of the screen to confirm your selections.
The Primary Contact or any Company Administrator can specify a dollar limit for wires, ACH payments, or tax payments. Transaction batch and daily limits can be set for each type of payment. These company-wide limits can be reset by the Primary Contact or Company Administrator at any time.
Use limits to maintain control over your budget, particularly when multiple Users are creating payments.
If a payment exceeds the preset limit, the User will receive a "limits error," and the payment will not be saved. The default limit is $0 for all categories, meaning that all payment requests will be considered over-the-limit and would be rejected. However, you can establish an approval process to review and approve/reject over-the-limit payments by using the "Exceed limit with approval" option.
Note: The Primary Contact and Company Administrators can view and change company-wide limits. Other Users cannot view limits. If other Users will be creating wires, ACH payments, or tax payments, it may be helpful to advise them of the limits.
Administer ACH Access and Limits (Company)
- Find ACH access and limits and click the "Edit" () icon.
- You will need to set ACH limits for the company and Primary Contact. If your company will not be using the ACH functionality, click on the "ACH" box to remove ACH access for the entire company. However, this will also remove the ability to use the tax payments functionality.
- By default, the "ACH Payment Approval'' box for per batch credit and daily credit are not populated with an approval amount. An ACH created on your account can be approved at any amount. This enables you to send out ACH and tax payments when there are no additional Users on your UltraBranch Business Edition account. You may set the ACH payment approval amount at a level you deem reasonable for your business.
- Under ACH Payment Entry, the per-batch credit and daily credit boxes are initially set to $0, which will prevent any ACH created on this account from being submitted. There are two ways to permit ACH submissions:
- Set the per-batch credit and daily credit limits to levels you deem reasonable for your business.
- Clear both boxes and leave them blank. You will be able to create the ACH file without setting up predetermined limits.
Exceeding Limits with Approval
Checking "Exceed limits with approval" allows over-the-limit payments to be created and held until they are approved by a User that has been granted authority. You must designate someone within your company to approve over-the-limit transactions. If you want to ensure that every payment goes through this approval process, keep the company-wide limit at $0 and enable "Exceed limit with approval" box for all Users.
Note: By default, the Exceed Limit with Approval feature is disabled (unchecked and grayed out) until you create another User. Multiple Users are required to enable transaction approvals. See the Adding a New User section on how to add another User to your UltraBranch Business Edition account.
- Click "Save"
- Click "Continue"
You will be prompted to answer the following question: "Do you wish to make the new ACH company permissions immediately available to all eligible users?" Select "Yes" if you agree. By clicking "yes," All User limits will be set equal to the company limits. By default the Primary User's entitlements and user access are the same as the company limits.
- Click "Save"
- Click "Done"
When you set company-wide limits, you control the maximum dollar amount for wire and ACH transactions. However, these limits can be modified by any Company Administrator that has been given access to your account. If your company desires an additional safeguard, you may contact Alaska USA in writing and request that the credit union set a dollar limit of your choosing. That limit may not be exceeded or changed within UltraBranch Business Edition. To change or override this limit, the Primary Contact must request that change in writing.
Options for knowing if a wire transfer, ACH payment or tax payment is waiting to be approved
- Click on "Payments and Transfers" tab and then click on the "Approvals" link. This gives you a global view of all wires, ACHs and tax payments awaiting approval. An authorized User with approval authority may Approve, Hold or Reject individual payment requests.
- You can also check the Status of individual transactions on the Wire Summary, ACH Summary and Tax Payment Summary pages. Transactions that need approval typically read "Approval Pending." Additionally, each summary page includes a Pending Approvals section. Click on individual transaction icons to view or edit, or click the "Approvals" navigation link at the top of your screen to approve, hold or reject the transaction.
Note: To view all wire payments pending approval or waiting release, be sure to select "Business Wires" in the View Options box. Otherwise you will see only wires that you have created.
- Go to the "Manage Alerts" tool (under the "Home" tab and "Alerts"). Make sure you have elected to receive alerts for "Pending Approval." You may elect to be alerted within UltraBranch Business Edition Message Center, by personal email, or both. Please note that alerts are not immediate; they are sent out by approximately 6 a.m. the following day.
- Another option: To bypass the approval process, the Primary Contact or a Company Administrator could revise the pre-set limits to accommodate the wire, ACH or tax payment.