Adding a New User
The Primary Contact or a Company Administrator can add new Users.
The most important step in adding a new User is what authority they will have within the UltraBranch Business Edition system. You can use the Entitlement Worksheet provided here, or you can create your own.
While you could easily grant permission to all features, it is strongly recommended that you be conservative in how you allow others access to your account(s). Different employees may only need access to certain features. For example, your accountant may need permission to transfer funds, while an auditor may only need access to reporting features.
Please note that while you can assign specific permissions to individual Users, it is not possible to give Users different permissions for different accounts. For example, if a User has permission to view Account Details, that option will be available for each account the User can access.
From the “Admin” tab, select the “Users” link, then click on "Add User". Fill in all the required fields. The Personal Access Code (PAC) entered here is temporary. PAC must be 8-12 characters and should contain alpha, numeric, and special characters (+, @, #, or & only). The new User will be required to change it upon initial log-in to the system. The “Status” drop-down box defaults to “Active.”
An email address is required for each User created. This is the default address used if the User sets any alerts. Email addresses are limited to 40 alpha numeric characters.
After completing the form, click on the "Continue" button to proceed to the next step.
Security Features to remember:
- PAC must be changed every 90 days.
- PAC can not be the same one that you used in the last 12 months.
- Security questions will be setup upon firtst login.
Edit Feature Access and Limits
You will be asked if you want all features immediately available to this new User. The system defaults to "No".
If you select "Yes," the new User will have full access to all accounts, features, and limits but no administrative capabilities. You can always modify limits or remove access to accounts and features after the new User account has been created.
If you select "No", you will be prompted through a step-by-step user set-up described below:
- Account Access - select the accounts to which this User should have access. Be sure to "Save", and then "Confirm" these changes.
- You can quickly select or deselect all items in the list by clicking the "Access" check box at the top of the list, or by clicking on the individual check boxes to change access to individual items.
You will be prompted to complete the Administer ACH Access and Limits screen, as shown below:
- To allow this User to submit ACH or tax payments, you must check the ACH or Tax Payment box.
- ACH/Tax Payment Approval - This authorizes the User to approve ACH transactions. That exceed the User's limits. The User is not required to be an Account Administrator.
- To set the per-batch credit and daily credit limits for this User. To require approval for all ACH and Tax Payments submitted by this User, set all of their ACH limits to $0 and check "Exceeds Limit with Approval."
- Click "Save"
Note: New User limits cannot exceed company limits. If there are no limits established for a User and the User is entitled to ACH and tax payments, the limit will be the same as the company limit.
Review your selections and then click "Confirm" again.
Setting Cross Account Feature Access and Limits - this page allows you to designate the features available to this User. You can also enable access to domestic wires and establish User wire limits.
Note: If the User's wire limits are cleared, their limit will be the same as the company limit. If you wish to require that all wires submitted by this User be approved by a different User, enter $0 in each limit box and check the box "Exceeds Limit with Approval." If you want the User to have the ability to release wires after they have been approved, their Wire Release limits will need to be set at least as high as their Wire Domestic limits. "Exceeds Limit with Approval" is not an option for Wire Release.
Be sure to "Save", and then "Confirm" your changes.
Note: New Users must log in within 48 hours to set their password or their account will be locked. Feature access and limits can be changed by accessing the User screen within the "Admin" tab and clicking "Permissions" to edit the User.
- Account Details – View account transaction details by account type (savings, checking, loans, money market, etc). User may only see details for accounts they are entitled to access.
- Account Management Reporting – Create, save, view, modify, print and export standard and customized business account reports.
- Account History – View, print, or download account history.
- Activate Visa debit card – Activate a Visa debit card, no need to go to the branch or the ATM.
- Alerts – Receive alert messages by email or through the UltraBranch Alert Center. Alerts options include notification of low account balance, availability of a new check image archive and pending approvals.
- Bill Payments – Pay bills online using Business Bill Pay.
- Business Depository Supplies – Order bags, deposit tickets, and ATM Bulk access cards.
- Certificates – Open a new certificate.
- Change Share Type – Change account type for existing savings or money market accounts.
- Direct Deposit History – View a history of direct deposits into a specific account.
- Dividends & Interest – View dividends and interest paid by account for the prior year and current year to date.
- History Download – Download a history of account transactions to third-party software such as QuickBooks. History is available for the previous six months.
- Image Archive Download – Download all images of all business checks for a given month.
- Order Checks – Place an online order for business checks for this account.
- Payment & Transfer Reporting – Create, save, view, modify, print and export standard and custom reports detailing business account activity.
- Receive Messages – Receive system and service messages regarding account status and activity.
- Stop Payments – Request stop payments for checks written from the business checking account.
- Tax Payments – Ability to make tax payments on behalf of the company.
- Transfers – Transfer funds from one credit union account to another. User must have entitlement access to both accounts.
- View Check Image – Search for and view cancelled check images.
- View Statement Copy – View and print a copy of your account statement by month and year.
- Wire Domestic – Ability to create a wire.
- Wire Domestic Fee Form – Ability to create a wire without using a template and/or information saved in the system.
- Wire Domestic template – Ability to use a wire template.
- Wire Template Create – Ability to create a wire template for the company.
- Wire Template Delete – Ability to delete a wire template for the company or user.
- Wire Release – Ability to approve a wire.