Creating a New ACH Batch
To create a new ACH batch, you will need to complete a Batch Header that provides details about the batch. You also need to set up the Batch Participants (recipients of the payment).
If you have already created and saved templates, you can also base a new ACH batch on a batch template.
Completing the ACH Batch Header
On the “Add ACH Batch” page, complete the following fields for a new ACH Batch. If you created the batch using a template, some fields will already be completed and cannot be modified:
- Batch Type – Select Payroll/Direct Deposits (PPD) for payroll and direct deposit payments or Corporate Trade Exchanges (CTX) for business materials and services.
- Batch Name – Name your batch something that will be easily identifiable when you review the entire list of batches on the Summary page.
- Company Description – optional 10-character field that may be used to identify your company.
- Effective Date – Pre-set to the next available business day an ACH can be sent. You can change this to a later date, but not an earlier date.
- Frequency – the default is “None Selected,” meaning that
it is a one-time payment. To make the batch recurring (for use as a direct
deposit payroll for example), select the appropriate recurring period from
the drop-down box. Then you must click on either “No End Date” or “#
of Payments” (2 or more).
Note: If you select this feature, be sure that the recurring period will be on a business day and will not fall on a holiday or weekend.
- Source Account – Select your business checking account, which will be used to fund the ACH payment.
Completing the ACH Entries
To complete an ACH batch you must add one or more entries.
Once you have added entries, they may be changed or removed with the Edit and Delete icons ( and ). If you choose to delete an entry, all participant information is immediately gone unless the participant is saved in the Managed Participants list.
Submitting the ACH Batch
When all entries have been made and the batch is ready to send, click “Submit for Payment” at the bottom of the page.
You will see the “Confirm ACH Batch” page. If this batch contains information that will be useful in the future, click “Save as Template” and give it a descriptive name and select the scope (User templates are only visible to the individual who created them, while Company templates can be used by any employee authorized to create ACH batches). Security questions are required when submitting all outgoing ACH transactions. Finally, click “Send” to submit your ACH batch request.
Click “Cancel” on the "Add ACH Batch" page to return to the previous screen without making any changes or taking any action. All batch information and added entries will be deleted.