Alaska USA Employee Benefits
Alaska USA's Employee Benefit Programs are designed to help ensure the financial security of employees and their families, to provide employees time off to enjoy that security, and to further their careers by providing learning and advancement opportunities.
Includes medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their families, featuring comprehensive coverage, very low deductibles and Wellness benefits. Plan is paid by the employee on a contributory basis.
Retiree health care
Provides the same coverage as the Health Care Program for active employees, including the family coverage.
Includes coverage for the employee, their spouse and dependents, all paid for by the credit union.
Business Travel Accident Insurance
24-hour accidental death and dismemberment coverage for travel while on business, paid for by the credit union.
401(k) Retirement Plan - Offering employee-directed, tax-deferred savings opportunities and employer matching after one year of employment for employees hired beginning January 1, 2006.
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Provides income replacement in the event of disability.
- Leave - Up to 32 days a year with bonus amounts for good attendance.
- Paid Holidays - Ten days each year.
- Civic and Charitable Service - Paid leave to participate in employee selected activities.
- Bereavement - One week of paid leave to care for family matters.
- Career Opportunity - Formal program to promote internal advancement.
- Employee Bonus Plan - Quarterly bonus paid contingent upon achievement of organizational goals.
Provides reimbursement of tuition for college-level courses.
Alaska USA University
The credit union has a strong commitment to the training and education of employees and maintains state-of-the-art training facilities and equipment. In addition to on-the-job training, the Alaska USA University provides employees with educational opportunities in the following areas:
- Credit Union Orientation
- General Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Consumer Lending
- Mortgage Lending
- Management Information Systems
- Personal Computer Skills
- First Aid/CPR
All benefits are subject to eligibility and contract provisions.